Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Hippo-Pot-O-Mus

This summer we went to the San Antonio Zoo for the first time since we've lived here. It was a great Zoo! We've only ever been to the Hogle Zoo in Utah, and I'm sad to say, that's a sorry excuse for a Zoo. San Antonio's Zoo was great. The only thing missing were Polar Bears, my favorite. Aside from the big furry white beasts, we saw just about every other animal we expected (oh, except Gorilla's, they didn't have those either). The highlight of the trip was the Hippo's. It was amazing how interactive they were with the visitors. They would swim up to the glass and pose for pictures, it was crazy. They had such character. We got some great photo's with them. Here is a good one of Lawson and MotoMoto ("Madagascar 2" reference there).


The other Hippo would only show people her backside, very nice. Hmmm, a popular song of the 90's comes to mind, "I Like Big Butt's and I Can't Deny...". Lawson was so embarrassed to take this.


And here is Lawson feeding the goats.


0 comments: