It's November and it's still warm enough to be on the lake. It was a partly cloudy, 80-something degrees last Saturday and we decided to shake off our Halloween candy hangovers by spending some time at the lake.

I seem to be getting the hang of the water ski thing. This time I popped right out of the water on my first try. As seen from this photo, I'm quite focused when I get going. My skill's at this point are somewhat limited to following directly behind the boat and occasionally crossing the wake (emphasis on "occasionally").

Just when I think I'm good, Kevin jumps out on his slalom and carves up the joint. He's so good that he leaves filleted fish in his wake. If you followed behind the guy in a dingy you could probably pick up some nice deli thin cold cuts. His rooster tails are so high they make the Bellagio fountain show in Vegas look like "The Joneses" bird fountain. Well, you get the point, the boy'z got mad skills.

My best trick is to pretend to hold the handle in my mouth (what you don't see is that I almost ate it after this picture was taken). Hey, at least I'm better than the girls....

...oh damn, I can't do that. She's good.

Well...I was the only one brave enough to tube with Tigger. You can't tell, but we are going super fast here...and it was bumpy...kind of.

Looks like I wasn't the only one to pick up some new skills that day. Lawson got to drive the boat in that evening. Aside from a couple unexpected S-turns, he did quite well. Papa Jim just set the throttle and we told him to head for the dock. Captain Lawson is what we call him now.
1 comments:
Not that I don't like this post, but I think it is time you give a new update. I am impressed with your skiing ability. I wish we had weather like that. :)
Post a Comment