Saturday night we headed out to the Cibalo Livery Stables to take in the Tejas Rodeo. It's located just a few miles north of our house on a little country road in the middle of no where. Check out this video. I couldn't believe how much fun a rodeo could be. We got there early to listen to the live band, walk around, and eat some good Texas BBQ. This place is one of those hidden secrets that only the locals know about. There were a lot of people there, but not so many to make it seem crowded or to cause a traffic jam. Even though it was hot out, there was plenty of shade and misters to keep you cool. Even the arena and bleachers were covered and shaded. Lawson was enamored by the mechanical bull. He was the only one with his chair pulled right up next to the pads around the bull. It was pretty funny. I told him I would go on it if I wasn't in the academy and didn't have to worry about injuries. After that he said, "Yeah, I would go on it too, if I didn't have football. I don't want to get injured". We decided this was going to be on of the places we bring anyone who comes in town to visit to give them the real Texas experience.Here are some pictures from our night of fun.
1 comments:
Awww, I miss you guys! Looking at this pics makes me wish we were there. We will definitely have to go to this rodeo when we come visit.
Post a Comment