Tuesday, June 16, 2009

First Haircut...From Dad

We're attempting to grow Lawson's hair out for a new look, unfortunately he's gotten a little shaggy around the ears. Instead of spending $10 on a little snip snip, daddy decided to try his hand at the chop chop. Aside from my head (which uses a slightly different set of tools, i.e. - shaving cream and a razor) I've never cut anyone's hair. We didn't have much to do today, so I thought we'd play barbershop. As soon as I took out the electric clippers, Lawson said, "Uh oh, do you know how to use those?" I think I remember saying that to my own father, each and every time he cut my hair when I was a kid. Anyway, I guess Lawson didn't know we owned a set of clippers and must have thought they were a tool only used by professionals. Before I started he said, "Dad, don't you want to maybe practice with those a little first?" I had to laugh, I remember sitting in his place when I was little. When my dad got ready to cut my hair, it was always frightening experience (sorry dad, I still love ya'). Well, I guess life really comes full circle, the only difference, I promised my boy I would never subject him to the (Pet) Flow-Bee.

The cut came out great. Just a little trim of the side burns and around the ears. No tears, blood or bald spots. Mission accomplished.

Go Daddy!

0 comments: