Thursday, April 3, 2008

Spring Football

On April 12th Lawson starts his 3rd season of flag football. This will most likely be the last time he plays with flags before moving into tackle. Although we’ve all come to find that Lawson’s favorite sport is basketball, he is still very excited to get out there and score some touchdowns.

This became no more evident to me than last night when I took Lawson to the Jazz vs. Timberwolves game while Niki attended her introductory Boot Camp class. It just amazes me how much he not only knows about basketball, but also how much he knows about the Jazz. He knows almost every Jazz player by just looking at them or even by their number. His favorite player is Andrei Kirilenko #47. I said, Lawson, you know that his nickname is AK-47, isn’t that cool. He responded by saying, “Dad, I’ll just call him Kirilenko, that’s easier to say”. On the way home after the game we heard them interviewing Andrei on the radio. Not ever hearing him talk before Lawson said, “that doesn’t sound like Kirilenko, he sounds weird.” I told him that Andrei was from Russia, which is why he has an accent. After a long pause he said…”so does he have long teeth?” At that point I just about died trying to hold in my laughter. I have absolutely no idea where that came from. After gathering myself a little bit, I told him that I wasn’t sure and asked him where he’d come up with such a question. I think he was a little embarrassed, because he said “I’m done talking about that, I don’t want to answer any more questions about Kirilenko”.

That little boy is such a character. I love hanging out with him because he always seems to say something that makes me laugh.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lawson cracks me up! He is such a funny boy and such a smarty pants! I don't think I would have been able to contain my laughter. Tell him his Aunt Jenna misses him and loves him lots!